LGA Partners, LP is seeking an Architectural Intern to join our team for the summer of 2021. Ideal candidates will work up to 40 hours a week during the summer with the potential to continue as a part-time employee (up to 20 hours a week) during the school year depending on the candidate’s availability and LGA’s workload. This is a paid temporary internship position.
As one of the largest architecture firms in the Pittsburgh region, LGA provides award-winning architectural, planning, and interior design services in a wide variety of markets including: corporate, higher education, large-scale residential and commercial developments, healthcare, food and beverage, industrial, and retail design.
• Assist project teams through all phases of design and production
• Production of deliverables utilizing various programs under the supervision of project managers and/or project architects
• Involvement/exposure to all phases of project design and development from preliminary design, construction documentation, and construction administration
• Participate in team meetings and LGA’s design process
• Enrolled in a 4-year Bachelor of Science in Architecture program or a 5-year Bachelor of Architecture program (minimum 3rd-year students preferred)
• Excellent communication skills and strong attention to details are a must
• Candidates who take pride in their work and possess a passion to learn are required
• Self-starter who takes initiative and can manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD, REVIT, and Sketch-up is required
• Working knowledge of additional software platforms such as Bluebeam, Lumion, PowerPoint, Photoshop, etc. a plus